Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday evening roundup

If I were Christian, I would be offended that these people are defending their bigotry in the name of their religion. Actually, I'm offended anyway. But I'm glad the legal system is blocking them from spreading and imposing their bigotry.

Anne Applebaum's column is excellent, but my comment is tangential: does it amuse anyone else that the Post can't decide how to spell 'Gaddafi'? It doesn't help that it prints stuff from wires--that's pretty much the issue. That said, please do read the column.

The Post profiles the food police, whom you can thank for having actually made your food safer.

Stephen Colbert joked about this study but it's so true. I've observed guys show off about their smartphones, but nobody cares (well, most people don't). Or much of the other crap that some people do to impress people.

Congratulations, Orlando: you're a fast food champion. In Boston, Dunkin' Donuts reigns supreme.

There is scientific evidence behind women with cats, although not necessarily single women with cats. I take their point about responding to the needs that your cat expresses, but Gracie expresses her needs non-stop, and I have a job and a life. As far as she is concerned, no amount of attention is too much. At some point, the only thing to do is tell her to zip it.

No comments: