Friday, October 9, 2009

WTF?

So, one of my gate contractors copped an attitude when, upon receiving his exorbitant estimate and realizing that he was giving me a price for replacing the entire fence in my back yard, I assured him I was only interested in the 16 feet of gate--currently falling down--that immediately needs replacing. He said he wouldn't "halftail it" because the whole thing will need to be replaced eventually and said "sorry he couldn't help" me even though I was just seeking clarification, rather than turning him down. But it's pretty audacious to offer a price for a lot more than I want to get done, and then be a prick about it, so he's out.

Two are coming by this morning. One just tried to friend me on Facebook (which, in my case, would entail getting me to join Facebook, and if I've resisted when friends have invited me, why would I join to "friend" a contractor?

No comments: