Thursday, October 29, 2009

SO spot on

Agreed agreed agreed, with some things more than others, and also with some of the comments. It's funny-- the singleton issue touched off some nerves-- I've not experienced this, since I rarely go out to eat by myself, but it's an excellent point. It was brought up in "Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress," which, by the way, is an excellent book. I've dubbed Susan Jane Gilman the female, Jewish version of David Sedaris. But back to restaurant service standards. Just last week, a waiter practically dipped his sleeve into my water glass while reaching across the table to pour water for someone else. I also agree about not commenting on the food with "still working on that" or "didn't like that at all, huh?" etc. Also, do know what's on the menu and what's in the dishes. People have a right to know what they're ordering. I was impressed yesterday when the waiter at Brasserie Beck was able to tell me, instantly, that the salmon was Atlantic. Needless to say, I got the trout.

No comments: