Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's the food system, stupid

I'm getting really, really sick of this BS. I'm not saying that farmers' markets are the panacea. I'm not even pretending that I, in light of a government salary and a mortgage, shop them. But all this farmers market-bashing is missing the point, as many of the comments on that piece have stated better than I could. But if you're content taking on the role of anti-agri-intellectual in favor the food system that, among other things, paralyzes young dancers with impunity, keep oversimplifying and missing the point.

Also: When you have to go out of your way and really stretch the truth, it means you have little to offer.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

that article was horrible, what was the point, the get words on paper by his deadline? i don't go to the market to socialize, though in KG, it's nice to see people I know there, even in the bigger town one that i go to, but I go for the locally and even better sometimes, organically grown produce b/c it's better for my fam and i'm glad to support local farmers. pretty simple concept if you ask me.