Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday evening roundup

Really? People are saying that? What decade are we in?

Tom Philpott calls out the Gourmet haters.

Personalized cakes gone wrong.

This doggy baked goods phenomenon is getting old. By the way, there were doggy bakeries in Berkeley Springs (WV).

I finally got through the rest of the Times Magazine food issue. The parts I was going to read, anyway; I could give a $hit about Jaime Oliver. Mark Bittman has a brilliant idea to revolutionize food shopping, and I can't wait to read Jonathan Safran Foer's new book.

Having bought a waffle iron this weekend, I'm very excited about these whole grain waffle recipes. Of all of us, I came away from the Apple Butter Festival with the most unrelated stuff (i.e. the waffle iron and a Mark Bittman book, both from yard sales).

Gag me...
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Moment of Zen - Krispy Kreme Burger
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorRon Paul Interview


And in case you're up for an exemplar of human dignity and decency:
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Chesley Sullenberger
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorRon Paul Interview

No comments: