Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday morning rambles

I've been meaning to tell you for a while that I received more comments--online and in person-- on the post about crazy electrical bills than about anything else on this blog. Some of them ignored my disclaimer, which was something like, 'unless you have the poor judgment of having electrical heating in your home,' in which case it makes sense that your electrical bill would be exorbitant. I will concede that I did not know that in rural areas, it is often a case of lack of options, rather than poor options. I just remembered to address this, because I got my gas bill for April. It was $23.

***
No intervention as of yet. He's either seen the light, in a delayed reaction, or was too busy to bug me.

***
Gracie is officially the spawn of Satan. She's twice now broken my laptop. The first repair, about a year ago, cost me $200. This latest issue I may just choose to live with-- my laptop doesn't know when it's being put to nap and when it's being awoken. What happened was, the night I returned from Ecuador, I fell asleep with it on my bed (editing almost a thousand photos does that to me). That little rat broke into my room and decided, with that head on which she must have been dropped as a kitten (or, rather, baby rat) that it would be a good idea to jump up right next to my pillow. She scared the crap out of me and interrupted the first night of good sleep I was hoping to get after a week of partying, and, startled, I pushed my laptop such as the power cord fell out. The laptop itself may or may not have fallen; I think it did, a little, but I don't remember. It hasn't been the same ever since, and it's really annoying. You know, you rescue a cat, put up with her BS, and all she does is break expensive things and poop on your floor. Good practice for having kids, I guess.

***
Yes, I've had coffee this morning, and this is what happens when I drink coffee.

No comments: