Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I've found heaven...

The two attention whores in residence are entertaining each other, i.e. leaving me alone. Who could ask for more?

Maybe I've become unfair. The truth is, when someone really gets to you early on, even the innocent things become circumspect. I'm sure Kevin asked me how my day was, all the time, and I'm sure I answered and asked about his day. Mind you, he didn't ask while I was watching TV, and it's not that Kevin and I never had substantive conversations-- we did, and they came about naturally. A lot of roommate conversations are-- as a former colleague once said about office conversations, in the context of one colleague not understanding the concept--"drive-by." Ya have a quick exchange of words and move on, especially if the other person doesn't stop what he or she is doing.

By the way, I was talking with my former project manager and assistant director the other day, and she was talking about how tedious a particular part of the process she worked on had been. In response, I said, "You won't believe it-- my roommate asked me for a detailed description of what I did at work!"

They both burst out laughing. Hysterically. Because they know that a detailed description of what we do at work is akin to an enhanced interrogation method. You bust that out on someone and next thing you know, some fourth grader will take you to task for betraying the Constitution.

But I digress. My whole point is, he's getting better. He's still in my face a little bit, but he's taking the hints a lot faster, which is progress.

No comments: