Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Phone call

A.: How are you? Getting ready?
Dad: Yeah-- we have a lot to do before the trip.
Mom: I lost our paperwork.

By this she means, it's lost in other piles of paperwork, not lost forever. I hope.

Dad: I thought I saw it in one of those drawers.
Mom: Maybe.
Dad: How was your weekend?
A.: It was great...
Mom: You managed to fit everyone?
A.: Yeah, wasn't a problem.
Mom: Did people like the house.
A.: Uh... yeah.

Pause

I waited for a "they're just being polite," but none materialized. I'm pretty sure it's what she was thinking. And I have no doubt that if anybody didn't like the house, they wouldn't have said anything anyway, so my guess is as good as hers. At any rate, my visitors did not complain about the color scheme(s), bedding or towels, and appeared, to my untrained eye, to depart with their souls intact, unharmed by said color schemes.

No comments: