Sunday, May 31, 2009

convo

RM realizes he has no food and heads out for dinner. He ended up going to Thai Royal and said it was good, to which I thought, it's unnecessary to have this many good Thai restaurants within walking distance; I wish I could share some with Wendy. But I digress.

RM: You'll have to go grocery shopping with me sometime. I just walk into the supermarket and have no idea what to get.
A.: Well, what do you want to cook?
RM: [Shrug]
A.: That's a good thing to figure out before you go grocery shopping. I'm happy to go with you [really; that I don't mind] but I can't be much help if you don't know what you want.

Pause

RM: I'm going to get my uniform ready.
A.: [Slight nod, return to crossword]

Pause

RM: I'm going to get my uniform ready.
A.: [Slight nod, bewildered 'I heard you the first time' look]

We may need to have a 'you don't need to report your comings and goings' conversation.

No comments: