Friday, October 10, 2008

I begged, several times, for a political cease fire

Mom: There's a book out that reveals all these things.
A.: That book is full of untruths. Even your friends at Fox news are saying it's not true, and are calling the Ayers association a joke.
Mom: You don't know what book that is. It just came out.
A.: And it was instantly shown to be full of crap.
Mom: It all sounds good. You don't know. You didn't live through Hitler, you didn't live through Stalin...
A.: I don't think it's fair to confound eloquence with genocidal tendencies.
Mom: And you don't think Pelosi is an idiot?
A.: No.
Mom: The democrats have been in power for...
A.: Two years.
Mom: That's when it all started.
A.: Um, no.
Mom: Tell me one thing he's done.
A.: Well, in terms of education...
Mom: Hah! Yes, with Acorn.
A.: That, too, was revealed to be untrue.
Mom: No, I read about it yesterday.
A.: That doesn't mean it's true. Can we please just stop talking about this? I'm not going to agree with you. You can't help but raise your voice and interrupt when I disagree with you. Let's just stop.

Later

Mom: And saying that the only way forward is alternative energy.
A.: As a personal favor, for me, just stop.
Mom: All the pretty speeches...
A.: There is nothing wrong with being able to speak in complete sentences.
Mom: Aha! He deserves to win just for that?
A.: That's not what I said. But it doesn't hurt.

No comments: