Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Various insults with no direct translation

I vacuumed, (re)packed, yoga'd, washed my hair, and sat down to check in and print my boarding pass. There was some messiness; nothing serious, but I needed to concentrate (for example, to not get stuck between refreshing check-in screens).

Dad: I found this...
A.: Just a second, please.

A minute or so later, mom comes by.

Mom: [Ranting about something]
A.: Just a second, please.
Mom: No. Listen, now.
Dad: She's in the middle of something.
Mom: The sooner you just listen, the sooner you can finish.
A.: The sooner you stop talking to me, the sooner I can finish, and then I can listen to you.,
Mom: Bitch!
Dad: She's merely asking you to keep quiet for a few minutes.
Mom: In that tone of voice?
Dad: What tone of voice?
Mom (to me): You are dead to me! Never again show your face in this house! You don't exist for me.
A.: Okay.
Mom: I mean it! This is my house! I'll talk when I want! Bitch! [Various insults with no direct translation.]
A.: [Shrugs, completes check-in.]

No comments: