Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dad blog

It's not so easy to type with a cat on my lap, especially as she's kneading my forearm, but I'm going to try. This was a couple of nights ago; as always, it took me some time to realize how insane it was, because it's just what I know.

Dad: You use conditioner, right?
A.: For my hair? Yeah.
Dad: How do you use it?
A.: I put it in my hair and wash it out.
Dad: Like shampoo?
A.: Yeah, but after shampoo.
Dad: So you can use it on hair, and you use it like soap.
A.: Yes, but no... I mean, it doesn't clean your hair so don't use it for soap.
Dad: Oh, I'm not going to use it on my hair. You know how you and mom are always telling me to do something about my eyebrows? I'm going to condition my eyebrows.
A.: That's not going to help. You need to trim your eyebrows.
Dad: Oh, no--you can't trim eyebrows.
Mom: You really can't.
A.: Yes you can.
Dad: They'll just grow back.
A.: So what? Conditioning them isn't going to do anything.
Dad: It might help.
A.: Try trimming!
Dad: You can't trim eyebrows!
Mom: Your father is right on this one.

Sigh.

No comments: