Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sigh, continued.

Mom: Talk to me about what to do with the timeshare. I know more about it.
A.: We already agreed that we're done talking about it for today, mom.
Mom: Why?
A.: Because it's Sunday so we can't do anything.
Mom: I can give you the details now.
A.: I'm reading the paper now.
Mom: Will you be reading the paper all day?
A.: No.
Mom: When will you be done?
A.: Definitely not while you're talking to me.

I finish reading the paper, go into the kitchen.

Dad: What are you having for breakfast?
A.: Oatmeal.
Dad: You eat oatmeal on Sunday, too?
A.: I certainly don't eat herring.
Dad: No vegetables? The pepper's already going bad.
A.: IT'S GOING BAD BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE IN THE FRIDGE. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO PUT VEGETABLES IN THE FRIDGE?
Dad: I thought I was going to use it sooner.
A.: It doesn't hurt to refrigerate things. At least not vegetables.

No comments: