Saturday, December 13, 2014

Phone call

I don't feel strongly about not having children, but I feel pretty good about not having them. I'm at that liberating age where, if time is running out, it already has, and if it hasn't, it hasn't. I took my friend's toddler to dinner last night and thought I'd lose my mind if I had to eat every meal like that. It almost made me understand sanctimommies and mommyjackers. Anyway, a good time was had by all, but I was ready to give the kid back.

I yell you this because mom just called and berated me about how another friend had a grandchild, and she's jealous. I told her to be happy that she has Gracie. She asked, can you find no one to have a baby with? I don't think either she or dad understands how uninterested I am in finding a random partner with whom to mate. Last year, dad offered to set me up with the son of a friend of a friend, in another state, merely because he (the son) wanted children. No, thank you; I'll mate on my own terms or not al all.

No comments: