Friday, April 19, 2013

Update

You may be wondering whether I called my parents. I did. And you'd think I'd be more patient in times like these, but it's almost like the stress of the situation has the opposite effect. It's like, "dad! focus!"

A.: What the f* is going on over there? You know not to leave the house, right?
Dad: Yeah, we got a phone call. So, they killed the older brother...
A.: I saw the news. Just want to make sure you're alright.
Dad: They're from Chechnya...
A.: Saw the names, figured.
Dad: Chechnya is a former Soviet Republic...
A.: I know what Chechnya is. I just wanted to...
Dad: Chechnya was in conflict...
A.: I. Know. All. About. Chechnya. I have to go to work. Are you okay and are you and mom good to not leave the house?
Dad: Yes.
A.: Good.
Dad: Thanks for calling.
A.: Stay safe.

No comments: