Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm back, with pictures

I woke up this morning (and I mean morning) about 500 miles and two seasons away. We preemptively (and wisely) changed our mid-morning flight to one scheduled to leave at the crack of dawn in anticipation of inclement weather, so we felt only relief when the latter left the tarmac three hours late (and five hours after we'd left the hotel). It was almost "Argo"-like tension in terms of whether we'd get out of there before more flights were cancelled. They had to defrost the plane before takeoff. Just over an hour later, we were in the tropics, i.e., DC, which I guess decided to skip spring this year and go straight to summer?

The trip was super-productive in terms of work and generally interesting. I got to see a few things that I missed last time in Ottawa, including the National Gallery of Canada. I also got to take some real pictures, since last time around I didn't have my camera. Here they are:
Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica

Inside the Canadian Museum of Civilization

The Parliament, at night, from a bridge

Louise Bourgeois' Maman

Outside the National Gallery
Spirit of Haida Gwaii

Totem poles inside the Canadian Museum of Civilization



The Hill
What a cute hat! Too bad I left it at dinner last night.




 

No comments: