Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday evening roundup

Holy $hit, is it only Tuesday?

Civil liberties hit their limits when they infringe on other people's rights.

This wringing-a-washcloth-in-space thing is awesome. I'll embed the video, but click on the link for the explanation.

But it does raise additional questions that I do not want to think about with regard to sex in space.

IceCube detectors and intergalactic neutrinos and petaelectronvolts, oh my!

Bilingualism is good for you. Negativity may beget creativity.

Silliest study ever. First of all, 30% chocolate is essentially sugar (and maybe milk), so unless you have a control group that's consuming equal quantities of either of those two foods, the study is just horseshit.

ShowBiz Tonight's hilarious spoof of the Dove real beauty campaign. BTW, did I tell you guys that I went out with a guy who looked like Jon Hamm, only more attractive, and f*ed it up? It was tragic. It's not that I haven't dated beautiful men before; a few years ago I went out with a guy who was just ridiculously pretty. But I wasn't otherwise interested in him, so it wasn't a tragedy (actually, I'm the one who didn't call him back; he was too young for me, too). The Jon-Hamm lookalike, though, really had a personality. Sigh.

No comments: