Monday, April 29, 2013

Stop harassing me, Wells Fargo

A week or so ago, I thought about refinancing, so I filled out an online form with my current mortgage provider: Wells Fargo. The form asked whether I'd prefer to be contacted by phone or e-mail; I checked "e-mail." Ever since, I've been getting twice-daily recorded phone calls from Wells Fargo asking me to call a number. Leaving aside how inane and disrespectful this is--talk about ridiculous customer service: I mean, (1) I said e-mail me and (2) if you're going to call me, have a human call me; don't waste my time with a recording that gives me a number to call. If I wanted to call you, I would have just called you. I filled out an online form because I. did. not. want. to. call. you. And now, I will never call you.

Also, I have now twice called the opt-out number so that they would stop calling me twice a day and leaving me recorded messages. But I still keep getting these calls.

Does that sound like a smart marketing strategy to you? Does this give you faith in Wells Fargo's marketing people or their marketing algorithms? Annoying the customers who are already coming to you doesn't strike me as a winning strategy.

No comments: