Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday morning roundup: A. discovers Regender

Will Whole Foods succeed where California failed? Producers, start labeling your GMO and GMO-free foods. Hungry for more food-system change? Tell your chocolate makers.

This is the first I've heard of Regender and I love it. I'm going to start running dating/relationship advice through it, starting with Tracy McMillan's (both)! Here's what we get:
Here's what I mean by bitch. I mean you're angry. You probably don't think you're angry. You think you're super smart, or if you've been to a lot of therapy, that you're setting boundaries. But the truth is you're pissed. At your dad. At the military-industrial complex. At Samuel Palin. And it's scaring women off. The deal is: most women just want to marry someone who is nice to them... Male anger terrifies women. I know it seems unfair that you have to work around a woman's fear and insecurity in order to get married -- but actually, it's perfect, since working around a woman's fear and insecurity is big part of what you'll be doing as a husband.
and 
When it comes to choosing a wife, only one thing really, truly matters: character. So it stands to reason that a woman's character should be at the top of the list of things you are looking for, right? But if you're not married, I already know it isn't... Instead, you are looking for someone tall. Or rich... Unfortunately, this is not the thinking of a husband. This is the thinking of a teenaged boy. And women of character do not want to marry teenaged boys. Because teenage boys are never happy.
and (the only one from the second article)

You overdrink. You overeat. You overspend. You under-earn. Whatever it is, there's (at least) one big thing in your life -- an attitude, a behavior, a vice -- that you absolutely, for sure, under-no-circumstances want to let go of.
[Okay, Regender didn't have to do any work on that one, but you see my point. Also, hypocritically, I'm not touching #9 because I agree with that one.]

Stay tuned. I have a sense I'll be plugging many an article into Regender.

No comments: