Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Friends

"Cinderella" was a lot of fun. I love a happy ending (and great dancing, and cute kids in bee costumes... but I digress).

I was brooding when I left the office for "Cinderella." For no reason, I just wasn't in the most positive mood. I thought, "I'd love to talk to a friend, and I'd love a glass of wine." But where was I going to get a friend on the way to the Kennedy Center? I suppose there were plenty of places to get a glass of wine, but drinking alone was not what I had in mind.  So off I went... and then, the craziest thing happened: I ran into a good friend, who asked if I had time for a drink. Only just, but it was perfect.

What's even crazier is that this is not the first time this has happened. Remember my trip to Budapest? How, on the way to the airport, it just hit me that I could really use a friend, but I figured that I’d have to go the rest of the week (until I got to Prague) without companionship... and then,  right there on the Dulles bus, I was greeted by an old grad school friend. And then, the same feeling hit me in Budapest: I could just really use a friend right now, but I guess I'll just have to wait until Friday. Except that I managed to find--or god managed to connect me with--a friend. A vegan, in the middle of this big meat capital. It was perfect.

No comments: