Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pi Day roundup

Fox-CT celebrated International Women's Day by... objectifying women. By the way, I was thinking about this the other day, in light of the discussion we were having about Beyonce, i.e., why are so many people more offended by a woman owning her sexuality than by women being objectified? I recalled this guy I used to carpool with, who's kind of a creep. This was almost a decade ago. He would go on--to the other guys, of course--about how exciting it would be when Britney Spears got desperate enough to pose for Playboy. I think the other guys were (almost) equally repulsed by this. It's one thing for men to want to look at naked women (and pictures thereof); it's another to want to look at women who are getting naked out of desperation.

Sigh. I hate to have to defend Gwyneth Paltrow, especially when she's propagating low-carb, anti-gluten bullcrap, but I just can't believe the hating on people who won't eat pork. I mean, do you understand the damage wrought by pork?? More on that here:




No comments: