Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday evening roundup and ramble (mostly ramble)


Craving baby animal cuteness? Check out this porcupet with the hiccups.


If I were one to wear sweatshirts outside the house (and yard), I'd be all over this message sweatshirt. I think we've talked about how telling people to smile (especially women, because I doubt anyone ever tells men to smile) is a silly, counterproductive thing to do. It's only going to annoy the person more.

So there I was, having checked out my groceries at Trader Joe's. Long line, crowded store, bad music (Milli Vanilli?? Really?), annoying checkout guy. Just when it got to be my turn, did he start scanning my groceries? Nooooo... he started handing out St. Patrick's Day stickers to kids who'd just emerged from another line. Maybe he could do his job--scan my groceries--and let the parent do the parent's job, i.e., keep the kids entertained. But no. The woman behind me was getting antsy, too. Anyway, he finally scanned my groceries. And then told me to smile. I said, "no, thank you."

***
Old Town is teeming with pregnant women. People must have really gotten it on during Sandy.

***
My soil can't be as bad as I think it is, because I've got worms. I planted a little today--a friend/coworker gave me some dahlias as a (nice but unnecessary) thank-you for helping her out with a project that ended up taking more time than anticipated. I really do like digging around in the dirt. I hope the dahlias do well.

***
I went out to lunch three times this past week. There's some greasy food out there.

No comments: