Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday evening roundup and ramble

What Hagel shouldn't have to answer for.

Most of us can't help but consuming the offerings of Big Food.

You have to work to keep your relationship healthy

Where's DC in this infographic of places disproportionate in singles of one gender or the other?

I'm one of the last people one would expect to get $300 headphones (and you may have followed my Bose saga on these very pages so I'll spare you the details here), so let me tell you that mine have nothing to do with Dr. Dre and everything to do with frequent air travel.

***
By this week--the third week of January--the gym is back to normal: just us regulars now. It was bananas the last two weeks, but, apparently, the resolutionary resolve only lasts two weeks.

***
I got a New Yorker cartoon desk calendar this year after very much enjoying some of the cartoons on my coworker's calendar last year. This year, we both have (the same) one. I let him know that I loved today's cartoon; he wrote back to emphatically agree. We talked about how it was very classic New Yorker cartoon, which in part means that it comes off as merely stupid unless you're used to New Yorker cartoons.

No comments: