Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday evening roundup


Oh, Greece; could your governance crisis be any more ridiculous?

When did "you" become the "you" we say now?

I've heard less offensive men (only slightly less offensively) echo Pat Robertson's statements here:
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Pat Robertson's Romance Advice
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogVideo Archive

And I can *almost* understand one side of them if it weren't for the double standard. In other words--words that I write for not the first time--guys, who says you can let yourselves go?

Is it bizarro world? Why am I constantly finding myself annoyed at (some of) the people calling themselves feminists? I should be even more annoyed with the Post's framing of the issue: of course "feminists" are going to disagree because feminists are not a monolithic bunch. But there are a lot of bigger issues there--why denigrate the issues that MO chooses to champion? Why is health/anti-obesity unimportant?

That's all annoying; good thing we have Earl Smith's very inspiring story.


No comments: