Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday evening roundup


Olive oil is good for architecture.

Waxing or otherwise clearing one's nether-regions is a boon to public health.

What tips should I submit to : Vegans: Have tips on ingredients, recipes, strategies? I already left a comment here.

Meanwhile, here's a guide to plant-based eating for meat-lovers.

Someone's mother-in-law is as bad as my mother when it comes to being catty about other people's weight. Just as I was grateful, at my highest weight, that I never hated my body even as I would have loved to be thinner, I'm grateful now that I'm not obsessed enough to care or even notice what other people weight. Though I do resent nosy comments, even though I've never gotten anything as bad as this. Let's all live and let live.

Is moving on overrated? Ironically, once the chemical emotional burn of my last relationship had faded, it was surprisingly easy to let that ex go. I wonder whether that's because we were so fundamentally incompatible that even as I had to mourn the interpersonal connection, there was never a utopian, shared future to mourn, because any shared future would have made me miserable.

Anyway, I went on a date tonight. It was neither bad nor good, just blah. First one since the guy who thinks I'm batsh!t (mind you, I was out of town a lot since then). Point is, I'm trying.

No comments: