Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday evening roundup

A heart-warming series of charts from the meat industry.

Why would kids be too young to understand veganism? We could argue that kids don't naturally understand eating animals.

Oh, and if you can't handle a vegan wedding, you're the one with the problem.

Just a few days after I lambasted Room for Debate (for being a vapid waste of space), The Frisky reinforces that assessment. Unlike the dissenting women in that article and this one--and both make excellent points that I absolutely agree with--I don't wear makeup (well, I hardly wear makeup). And I don't need telling men that they approve of, or prefer that look. But let's not let the makeup debate (or the "what guys think about makeup" debate) get in the way of how vapid these entries are, especially those equating make-up with taking care of oneself. I say this as someone who regularly argues that people should dress well.

No comments: