Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday morning roundup

Preparedness matters, but nature will do its damage anyway.

Associating terrorism with a single religion isn't only unfair; it's also stupid and counterproductive.

The conditions of migrant worker life don't make school easy for the kids.

According to Lester Brown, America will become China's breadbasket.

Pentagon boondoggles illustrated.

I really wish Virginia's tax breaks would favor clean, rather than very dirty, energy. Calling coal 'green' is just insult to injury.

How nice would it be to file directly, without having to go through TurboTax?

Even for engineers, people skills are management skills.

Are you a data hoarder? (I know I am--at this moment, 2664 messages in my inbox).

What happens when you and the internet disagree on the matter of your own existence?

Are the 80s here to stay, or at least, make their presence perpetually known? I recently watched 'Hot Tub Time Machine,' in which the best part was John Cusack's saying, "I hate the 80s." I wonder how many millennials actually appreciate that.

Tina Fey on lessons from managing comedy (and gender differences).

Frank Rich says goodbye to the Times in a beautiful column.

No comments: