Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday morning roundup

International news is back.

This generation apparently feels entitled to their dream job upon graduating from college. Might someone point out that our economy is a different from those of Egypt and Tunisia, which were bogged down by pervasive, institutionalized cronyism, corruption, and red tape? The people rioting there would have been thrilled to get a job right out of college as a lifeguard and personal trainer.

Metro decides to try being less hostile to cyclists.

I don't know why I continue to read Jennifer LaRue Huget's column after her whole grain misinformation that I furiously blogged about a couple of weeks ago, and which should cost her any credibility as a nutrition writer. This column is inoffensive, but I find the letter silly. If you really want to, you can learn to love vegetables. I haven't had to by force of will, because I learned to from an early age, but I wish these people knew what they were missing--vegetables, prepared correctly (or in some cases not prepared at all) are the tastiest things in the world.

No comments: