Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A sign from God

Alternate titles for this post might be "Gracie is good for something" and "Grateful the events in my life constitute farce rather than tragedy."

The roommate moved in last night and moved out tonight. We both learned something: he discovered that he's quite allergic to cats, and I discovered that I really, really didn't want a roommate.

There was nothing at all wrong with this guy, but I just wasn't up for having another person in the house. The financial gain would be minimal, given that I'd have to pay income taxes on the rent and wouldn't be able to deduct the portion of the house I was renting out to him. And I just didn't want to deal with another person in the house. Even one who wasn't around weekends and didn't drive me nuts in any way.

Sigh of relief.

No comments: