Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday morning roundup

Turkey builds influence in Iraq. Does anyone else find the last sentence of the article offensive?

Even more essential that more women are serving on the Supreme Court, what with Justice Scalia believing that women don't have rights.

Senator Mikulsky, who is awesome, has set a record. Meanwhile, federal workers are losing an advocate.

Sigh. I see Miss Manners' point, but I don't understand people who don't recycle in this day and age. What planet do they live on? Maybe I'm still bitter from having taken out RM's recycling out of the trash for half a year--and I'm definitely annoyed to find trash in my recycling bin from time to time. Which, by the way, is a sign that the shrubs I planted are insufficient to keep out the trash, literal and figurative, from my yard. Don't take that as a class-related slur; I'm sorry, but if you don't know the difference between recycling and trash, I'm going to classify you as trash.

No comments: