Monday, January 24, 2011

Quick hello and rant

I love hotels with business centers, particularly when I have time to use them, and something to kvetch about.

F*ing Dulles.

In all fairness, I'm really spoiled, living so close to National, and National's being a pretty small airport. I'd anticipated that driving out to Dulles would take time, and I actually allowed more time than I'd needed, which was a good thing, because it took me as long once I got there to actually get to the gate. Never mind that United's check-in counter was the farthest from the garage, and you couldn't just go up to any kiosk, etc. Then you have to navigate the security clusterf*, then take a train that goes all the way around the f*ing airport, and then walk a mile or two to the gate. I got there just in time for boarding, and to sit on the tarmac for an hour while the flight crew realized that the wings hadn't been de-iced, then waiting for a de-icing truck (apparently, they'd been put away for the morning), and then waited for another one because the first one broke. I know--not a huge hassle in the scheme of things, but given how nice it would have been to sleep in for that hour, it was somewhat annoying.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: