Saturday, October 20, 2007

A few classics

Mom was pretty good when I did yoga this morning. She looked at me and was about to say something, but thought better of it and left me alone. She did tell me yesterday when I was doing pilates that my leg wasn't straight enough.

She also told me that she didn't like my hair at this length, but added that that was perhaps because she didn't like the way I'd styled it (i.e. in a ponytail).

She's also been yelling at me to get off the computer the minute I come near it, even though she has no designs on it until she sees me heading for it.

There was a big blowout this afternoon when we went for a walk to Breakheart reservation. Jason came with us, so he can comment objectively. She drove by a few parking spots and started to park where there was a "no parking" sign. I asked her to move the car. She said no one was patrolling over the weekend and that everyone was parking. I said not where the "no parking" signs were pointing. She didn't listen, so I said, "please-- normally I wouldn't care but if you get towed I'll be late for the rehearsal dinner." There was screaming, which she said I instigated; she called me hysteric and psychotic. Then she pulled out of the illegal spot and looped around again; I pointed out a few spots, each of which she took issue with.

A.: That one there--
Mom: I don't like that rock.
A.: But you like the no parking sign?
Mom: It's the weekend.

Eventually she parked legally and we went for a nice walk.

No comments: