Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday morning roundup

Taksim and the power of public spaces.

It's amazing how powerful cartoons are.

This bull$hit is a waste of everyone's time. Take comfort in the fact that it was funded and undertaken by a cosmetic surgeon rather than an academic institution. It belongs, together with the thigh gap, in the category of things that should not be a thing. I'll be rolling my eyes and walking around on my bulky, powerful legs: they will never look like Barbie's, but they'll get me up a mountain.

Which is not to say that I'm above all vanity. I'm wondering whether this new lens-less camera won't have that unfortunate fattening effect.

Let the summer sky be your GPS in the dark.


Millennials are eating out less in general and eschewing McDonald's. The article might have mentioned Michael Pollan's recent book on cooking and that cultural phenomenon as a factor, but nobody consulted me.

It's true: you don't need an iPad but I have to admit that I use the $hit out of mine.

It's probably true that you don't need toner.

No comments: