Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mom: keeping it absurd

Did I tell you guys about the dehydrator?

I was considering buying one--a lot of vegan (nut and seed) cheese recipes, among other vegan recipes, call for one--and asked my parents what brand they had and whether they liked it. Both mom and dad insisted on giving me one of theirs. They thought they had two, but upon checking, dad found that they had three. I was just as happy buying my own, but agreed to take one of theirs in the interest of reducing the amount of extraneous crap in my parents' house. Which is a lost cause, but I digress. So Jay stopped over to pick it up before he came down for anti-Valentine's day.

When Jay was over, mom suddenly decided that she needed that dehydrator but grudgingly agreed--at dad's urging--to turn it over to Jay. After removing over half the shelves, because she needed those. Then she turned the dehydrator over to Jay and he brought it down.

Meanwhile, my dad has been encouraging me to visit, and I've been reminding him that mom won't talk to me, so why doesn't he visit me, instead. Take a break from being driven nuts by mom. We've discussed this for a while, but today he said that mom is practically chasing him out the door--she wants him to go and get the dehydrator back. She needs it.

I told him he could have it back. He shrugged and said they didn't need another one but it was easier to get it back than argue with mom. He insisted on buying me another one. I told him that it was okay but that he really should come visit.

No comments: