Sunday, June 23, 2013

Quick Sunday afternoon roundup

So much to ramble about and I only have a minute! I'm merely home to switch my laundry and feed the cat, but I know if I don't put some of this down now, it will lack ardor later tonight.

First of all, I have to tell you that I loved "Biography" at The American Century Theater. Loved it.This shocked me, because I shrugged through the first twenty minutes of it two weeks ago, when I saw them for the first time. The rest of the play was precluded by an unfortunate power outage, and I had to reschedule. It was probably just as well, because I had other things on my mind, which is maybe why I hadn't loved it then. I even loved that opening scene this time around. But I loved the whole play, and the production--the acting was consistently excellent. The characters were rounded and interesting, and the dialogue witty and smart. There were worldly themes and light jokes. I loved, loved that the script didn't pit the women against each other, and both women are brilliant. If you're in the area, go see it; you have a week.

I didn't love one thing: the woman behind me kicking my seat. I said something to her at the beginning of the second act, just before it started, actually, at which point she said to her husband, "I only kicked her seat once; she doesn't want to take any chances." So I turned around and informed her that she'd kicked my seat for the last twenty minutes of the first act. I didn't mention that they'd also whispered and unwrapped candy. All this after they were very indignant that another couple had "taken" the seats they'd saved with programs (the other couple politely found new seats, but this couple continued to stew).

On the way to the play, I stopped at MOM's and dropped off my electronics. I'd preloaded them into the car, which was out back so I could unload the mulch I'd picked up yesterday. Anyway, it's lovely to be rid of them.

Did I have anything else to tell you? If so, it'll have to wait. Ciao.

No comments: