Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday morning roundup

Another example of localwashing, as well as other misrepresentation in seafood marketing.

Wow, what an a$$hole. And let's be clear: he's also very wrong; it's not a question of writing something that people are afraid to say. It's about being incorrect, and obnoxious.

Maureen Dowd on more people who don't get it.

I love White House organic garden as much as the next girl, but I'm hardly chomping at the bit to read a book or twenty about it. I would probably read something by David Remnick and Ryan Lizza, at some point.

I feel for this woman; this is why my mother doesn't have my work number. Back when she did, no amount of "this is not a good time--I have to go" would get her off the phone. There was always 'just one more thing,' which was rarely urgent.

I bet the Post meant for this story, about a woman whose life goes to hell in less than a week and writes a letter to the President, to be inspiring because he wrote back; I think it's inspiring because soon, no one's going to hold off on getting their cancerous symptoms checked out because they don't have insurance.

No comments: