Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Post's Peep Show

I've made the case many a time that I am not a food snob (exhibit A being the lack of truffle oil in my pantry). Just because I eschew ingredients shown to alter the gender of frogs, doesn't mean I'm elitist in my food choices. True, I've become increasingly discerning over the years, particularly as age eroded my once-formidable ability to metabolize like a chinchilla. But there were a few foods that made me want to gag long before I found politics, foremost among them, peeps.

Now, I know one of you has admitted, on your blog, feeding peeps to your kids. I'm not proselytizing. I'm just telling you they make me sick. Unless they're used to recreate a murder scene from a musical. You have to admit, these are f*ing awesome (check out the fourth slide, for example). If you think you can do better, and you have a lot of time on your hands, you have just over a week to get your submissions in.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

i don't get why my oldest likes them so much, i don't. i've tried them over and over and still think, nope, don't like them. but the kiddo loved going to the peeps store at national harbor. luckily he was good, and i told him he could only have one thing, and he picked out one thing of peeps, and in that whole big store, didn't act out to try to get more. and i didn't bite at the register when she said they were 2 for whatever. he only needs so much sugar and artifical coloring.