Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday morning roundup

As if Congo doesn't have its own problems, the LRA wreaks bloody havoc.

The earthquake highlights, exacerbates the wealth gap in Haiti.

The Pope-to-be spent more time going after dissidents than abusers.

On a lighter note, gefilte fish hits White House servingware again. I, myself, will not be attending a Seder--had thought about going to Sixth and I's, but too much to do before the trip. Besides, I'm going to be a bad (i.e. even worse Jew) this year because I'll be traveling, with less opportunity to keep Pareve. I've never bought into the Ashkenazi restrictions on beans, seeds, nuts, etc.: as a vegetarian, I would starve. I'm good with eschewing the top five, but leave me my pulses and nuts, please.

***
"Reasons to Be Pretty" was very good. The audience was also surprisingly polite. Different demographic (somewhat younger, although mixed, age wise--but hipper), different setting. Alex said it was such a small theater that it would have been really rude for people to talk. I told him he'd be surprised. Anyway, go see it if you're in town.

No comments: