Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh for f*'s sake

There is nothing new in this article on millennials, apart from the tie-in to the health care bill. I'm going to say the same thing I've said in response to every trend story I've seen on this topic over the last how ever many years: these parents are making things way too comfortable. Like one of the women quoted in the article, I couldn't wait to get out of my parents' house. Those parents should be making their kids' lives hell, not helping them buy cars.

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

One Question: What have I ever done to you that you wanna make my head explode?

This article was infuriating on so many different levels, but then I decide to take a selfish view. If I raise Betty to be independent, then thanks to these parents, she'll have all sorts of advantages in the real world -- which these kids are only delaying.

Also, if I was a college professor or admissions officer and some parent called me about their kids grades, I'd just laugh and refuse to have that conversation.