Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday evening roundup

Honest journalists need to stand up to Fox News.

Infuriating food policy news out of NYC, of all places.

I could rail until the cows come home against homophobes with religious pretenses, but nobody says it better than Bishop Tutu. Take that, Cuccinelli! I dare you to write back to the good Bishop (even though, technically, he wasn't talking to you), and say, "why, yes, I do know the mind of God so well that I can decide for him who is included, and who is excluded, from the circle of his love." What's that? You're not sure you do? Then shut the f* up.

On the topic of people who might want to STFU, and also of what religion is not about, enter Glenn Beck. I don't know about you guys, but when I hear the term 'social justice,' the first thing I think of is fascism. Those Nazis sure did believe in ensuring opportunity for the most vulnerable in their society. By the way, check out Jon Stewart's suggestion for Glenn Beck's nightly sign-off:
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Sour Gropes
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Reform

No comments: