Friday, November 28, 2008

Seriously- why is no one airing Zoolander??

A., having spent the last ten minutes flipping channels: I can't believe how much time I just wasted.
Mom: You're relaxing. Could you stop sulking and realize how much better off you are than the vast majority of the population of the world?
A.: That's not really ever been a problem for me.
Mom: Just relax. Find some dumb movie to watch.
A.: I don't find channel flipping relaxing. And there is no sufficiently dumb movie on right now.
Mom: You need to fall in love or something.
A.: I'm not capable of love.
Mom: That's impossible.
A.: Sure it's possible. I can't even love my cat.
Mom: I couldn't love your cat, either. But there is someone you could love, surely.
A.: Doubtful.

I wasn't enjoying this conversation. Sure, my head's been up my own ass over the last month or so, but having to contemplate my inability to feel human emotion wasn't helping get it out. So I got up to blog.

No comments: