Thursday, November 6, 2008

manners

I worked ten-hour days this week in order to take tomorrow off (in order to get a head start on some home improvement projects calling my name). This precluded cycling to (well, from) work, or at least made it stupid, since most of my ride is basically in a forest (with a paved trail running through it), and I won't ride through that forest in the dark. So I've been experiencing the metro.

Now, I won't complain about the metro, but I'll say a few words about the stew of humanity that I encounter on the metro. I won't complain about that, either, though-- because it's less dangerous and frustrating than the stew of humanity I used to encounter on the roadway.

Today, the woman sitting in the next seat over (i.e. the inner seat) said, "this is my stop."

Not "excuse me." Just "this is my stop."

I didn't think quickly enough to say, "and?"

No comments: