Saturday, November 8, 2008

Eventually I caught on

Mom called and talked for over ten minutes about poor customer service at the Toyota dealership. I eventually interrupted.

A.: Okay, so I see you're telling me this so I can write a complaint letter.
Mom: Yes, please.
A.: Two things: (1) Can it wait until tomorrow morning? I'm really busy now in general and this minute in particular, and (2) In the future, could you please begin these conversations with some foreshadowing that action will be expected on my part, so I can note the important things accordingly?
Mom: Yes, okay.

I was able to write the letter later that afternoon, between showing someone (i.e. a potential roommate) the house and heading to a friend's apartment for dinner.

I have yet to finish painting a single room. I've bought a bunch of stuff (baseboards, a medicine cabinet, various fixtures) but have neither the tools nor the handiness to make use of it. So I sent out a cry for help, but no volunteers yet. I may have to get over myself and hire people. Or I could get over myself and keep trying to figure it out for myself. We'll see.

No comments: