Friday, July 13, 2012

WTF, mom and dad?

At 8:16, my parents left me a message. I was out (Friday night, go figure). I checked the message just now, when I got home. I am 35 years old, which, for our our purposes, means I don't feel the need to excuse myself from social situations to take phone calls or check messages. Just because I have a cell phone, doesn't mean I have to answer it. That's why God invented voice mail. I will get back to you at my convenience, unless you indicate some urgency in your message. But this message indicated no urgency; it was, "hey, we're just checking in, how are you, how's the weather?" I figured, maybe I can just called tomorrow, because I'm kind of tired and I'd like to go to bed. And I know that when I'm tired, mom irritates me without even trying, and I'm already kind of irritable, so, yeah, best wait until tomorrow.

So why do I get an e-mail from my parents at 10:16 saying, "where are you?"

Really?

No comments: