Sunday, July 29, 2012

Phone call

My parents and I talked this morning. We discussed what I would do today (mostly, see "Sweeney Todd") and established that they hadn't heard of it. Although they'd probably recognize the music, because I used to listen to the soundtrack all the time. Anyway, I got home to a message from my mom, about whether I ended up with two Magic Bullets.

A.: I have a bunch of plastic containers, one electrical units, and two blade-things. What are you missing?
Mom: Most of it.
A.: When did you notice you were missing it? Because you gave me mine at least four years ago.
Mom: So! I haven't used it since!
A.: No need to get defensive. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I want to know whether you haven't used it in years, and so would have noticed part of it was gone.
Mom: Most of it's gone.
A.: Okay. Do you have the electrical unit? The part that plugs in?
Mom: I have very little.
A.: Do you have the electrical unit?
Mom: I don't know where it is.
A.: Could you answer the question, please!
Mom: I am answering the question!
A.: No, you're not. I don't want to send you mine if yours is just hiding somewhere. I don't have time.
Mom: Hmph!
A.: Just tell me what parts your missing.
Mom: I really need this now. I want to make a compress for the bee stings.
A.: Okay, but even if I go to the post office tomorrow morning, which I really don't have time to do, you still won't get it until mid-week, so it behooves you to try to find yours.
Mom: How was the performance?
A.: It was very good.
Mom: What did you see?
A.: "Sweeney Todd."
Mom: Huh, I haven't even heard of that.
A.: I think you know the music.
Mom: Anyway, you'll check.
A.: Yes, I'll check.

No comments: