Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday evening roundup

Coolest evangelical preacher ever: "Homosexual activity and overeating are both sins – just like speeding, gossip, lying and cheating. I think I did all of those just today."

Sexism in the workplace begins at home.

Can you take yet another heartfelt tribute to Nora Ephron? 


Foreign Policy can be hilarious


This silly cookies debate just makes me angry. It really is about adapting one's family role--which may or may not be based on one's gender--on one's family's needs at the time.


On the topic of Post articles that piss me off--perhaps I should start a new label in their honor--what the hell is this? Read it and please explain to me how it's not a complete waste of space. Did anybody actually learn anything from that? Was there any (non-obvious) practical information provided therein? Am I missing out on an opportunity to get paid for writing really obvious tips on how to accommodate your vegetarian/vegan friends, like, "if you have a garden, pick some vegetables from it"? I'm sorry but if you need special advice on how to make food without meat in it, you're probably much too dependent on meat. Impromptu visits from vegetarians are probably the least of your concerns.

No comments: