Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday morning roundup

Chinese officials are wary that the in-your-face nature of lavish tombs may stir up class resentment.

Check out some of the late Chris Hondros' incredible photography.

Tokyo turns to cycling.

Gail Collins updates us on what governors around the country are up to.

Walkability is more important than urban/suburban.

Organic farming is anything but exotic.

Really? Environmental consciousness is considered "feminine."

The Economist goes after the language police. I never did like "healthful," couldn't bring myself to use it.

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

I never even considered using the word "healthful" -- so ridiculous. And as someone who just moved from the suburbs to the center of town, and is now preparing to sell her hybrid, b/c I don't really drive any more and can use my husband's car, I really appreciated that article -- though it really didn't have anything to do w/ my own situation. I just like that people are talking about walkability...