Friday, April 3, 2009

Mr. Moore reacts

I bet the first thing you wondered when you read about the Iowa ruling was, What does Ashton Kutcher have to say about all this? I'm able to bring you this information because I now check Iowan newspapers for work. You're welcome.

While you're reading the Gazette Online, check out how Iowans thematically combined two of my favorite things.

Does anyone else find it curious that the Journal-- in the body, not the wacko editorial pages-- opted to run a story on bonuses for Congressional staff? Even the highest of those don't come close in excess to the ones in their neighborhood. I'm not justifying the concept of handing out bonuses just because a Congressional office has money left over, but I do take issue with the idea that bonuses and the public sector don't mix. A not minor factor in the rage over AIG bonuses is that the company failed. There's nothing wrong with bonuses that reward performance. It's the same concept with compensation in the non-profit world: it's worth paying more to get the work done right.

No comments: