Sunday, April 19, 2009

Greetings from St. Lucia

I don't think I'll ever blog from my cell phone, but I'm tempted sometimes. Like now. Because it's so f-ing beautiful and idyllic here that I've lost any impetus to tell you about the cluster f* American Airlines has going on when you have to check baggage, for example. Let me tell you, once that liquids ban is revoked, I will never check luggage again.

But I don't care, for now, just like I didn't care in Ecuador--until the next time I have to deal with that BS. Landing in St. Lucia offered one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. The drive from the airport was cool, too. I checked in, got a message from Heather, saying she'd pick me up for dinner at Fond Deux-- a beautiful, tree-house like place in the mountains. Her wedding was also in a kind of tree house. Can't wait to show you guys the pictures.

I'm not a sappy person, but the wedding was so beautiful, and Heather so beautiful in her wedding gown, I teared up.

Don't know what we're doing this afternoon-- maybe drive-in volcano? We went snorkeling yesterday, it was awesome. Then we sailed back to Soufriere from Castries, and the weather was perfect. I saw lots of sea urchins, sponges, and funky-looking fish. There was one blue and white checkered fish, for example.

I've not had banana ketchup yet, but I've tried the local rum punch. Not bad.

Hope you're all having a good weekend! Later.

No comments: