Thursday, March 27, 2008

That explains everything

Just in time for my trip, Good Magazine came out with its China issue. I kept meaning to read it ahead of time, as I didn't want to bring anything that might be controversial into the country. I didn't get to it over the weekend, finally did start to read it yesterday. The first article in the series was... bad. I couldn't figure out why I was reading, yet not seeing any information of any substance whatsoever. It is truly rare to read something that is pure argument with no supporting information, and actually very little information even in the argument. I checked to see who it was that was wasting my time, and everything became clear: the author was none other than Thomas P.M. Barnett. It takes SKILL to make a career out of writing much and saying nothing, on a small scale and large.

No comments: